Saturday 3 October 2020

Walk


There is rain, there is thunder,
There is night, there is me.
There is dark, there is city, 
There is none to see.
 
I am wet, in the middle
Of nowhere and how...
I am walking the roads
I am shivering by now.
 
I have a chance, there is a park,
There are benches, there is shade...
I lit a small wood,
What a fire I made!
 
There are embers, there is flame,
There is smoke, there is steam...
In my limbs, in my face,
In my breasts, sets the beam...
 
Of the red bright fire,
Heating my soul,
Drying my body,
Beating my cold.
 
And now do I check
I have one smoke left...
Is it soggy? Is it dry?
I give it a try.
 
But I itch in my shirt,
It's stuck on my skin,
It's dripping,
And droplets are seeping within.
 
I take it off,
And give it a wrench,
Put it by fire...
On the side of the bench.
 
And now I can feel...
The balm of the blaze.
I stretch my length,
For the light to glaze...
 
My bare belongings,
My body, my flesh,
My skin, my blood,
The whole of my mesh.
 
And now do I coil...
About the cinder,
Closing a nap,
Releasing a wonder.
 
There is rain, there is thunder,
There is night, there is me.
There is dark, there is city,
There is none, I am free... 

 


No comments: