Saturday 19 January 2008

I seek















In this glum chamber, I think
I seek something more
Some dampened walls with faces forming
I seek sodden corners
Perhaps more than four
I seek something more

And in this glum chamber I think
A cart chair and table
With mist telling the yester night
And bodies palpable

I seek stale odour
Of bygone pains
I seek wet patches
Of bygone rains

I seek an earthen pot
With slowly eroding brink
To slake my thirst with nature
With earth in my drink

In this glum chamber,
I seek cracks and holes
For grey sunbeams
To peep and spread the kohl

Not the bright windows
But dark window panes
To absorb the light of world
Voices and refrains

But in my glum chamber…

With dampened walls and sodden corners
Dark window panes
Cracks and holes
Grey sunbeam
And bygone rains

Earthen pots with broken brink
And dusky visual art
Forming faces
Mist on table
And chair made of cart

I think I seek some dry pages
To soak away the moistened heart

The illustration is taken from the internet.

1 comment:

Zahra said...

Hey Farah, another great piece of art! I think this is the best. Keep writing..........