Thursday 30 August 2007

ETERNITY


Sometimes somewhere
Somewhere on roads
A thorn pricks my fingers and toes
I step it over, and walk away
Try to forgive its astray way
For it is the only that makes me leave
Red footprints that prevail
As they bleed.

I know my thrust is enough not
To inscribe literature
Of worth… to be sought

Sometimes somewhere
I owe my words
To the thorn that pricks me
And sporadic nerds
And leaves for me
A perennial legacy
From where I derive
–– The moments of eternity.

The askew paths will be swathed away
By years of sands, and sands of years
But I will manage to elude a day
To echo in future, and echo in rears
With puny entreats to generations enroute
Who will face the charge of unwelcome suit

But will stop for a while, to free a jibe
"Ahem! She poor, her poor strive!"

And I will jump in awry joy
Jeers of time, will never annoy

For I will know, they asked the bit
That nature never doled
–– ' Visions more than my eyes can see,
Sounds more than my voice can hold '

Sometimes somewhere
Somewhere on road
I will kiss the thorn
And take it abode
And put it on my lips for shrieks
––That whenever I speak, eternity speaks.

The illustration is taken from the internet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey farah, its really nice...the way u expressed it is really gud..c am the 1st one to comment on your blog...hehe..but plz keep writtng like this alwaz....

Ali Yawar Pasha said...

This One really nice. But where is the rest of your best collection.

Humayun Jamil said...

कवीताऎं अच्छी हैं! लिखना जारी रखो.